From Campton, Kentucky, USA:

My two year old son has been having problems since he was a year old. It started with high blood sugars. They have been as high as 356 mg/dl [19.8 mmol/L], and he does not have diabetes. Now, he has taken a drastic turn. For a couple of months he has been having lows, low as 30 mg/dl [1.7 mmol/L]. He will wake up shaking, screaming, and be very unsteady, almost seizure-like. When I give him something to drink he will drink about 16 ounces in less than five minutes, trembling the whole time. Soon after, he recovers. His pediatrician insists that he is fine because his blood sugars will be normal for weeks at a time. Lately, his episodes are coming closer together. His eight year old sister has had type 1 diabetes since she was three years old. Is it possible he has a pancreas problem? Is his doctor right? Is this normal for him? It doesn't seem too normal to me when my child is semi-unconscious and limp.

The symptoms you are describing are abnormal, especially if they are indeed associated with blood sugars as low as 30 mg/dl [1.7 mmol/L] and as high as 356 mg/dl [19.8 mmol/L]. It's time to have a long talk about these symptoms with your son's pediatrician and if needed, to seek consultation with a pediatric endocrinologist.