From Harlan, Kentucky, USA:

My 18 year old daughter, who has had diabetes since she was three years old, will be entering college next school year. I am trying to find information on college scholarships available to people with diabetes. I contacted the Lilly Corporation and was told they are not going to offer scholarships for this year. Where else can I check?

Have your daughter contact the college she will attend. They sometimes have special scholarships or other assistance under a variety of medical plans:

• diabetes
  • medical disabilities
  • chronic illnesses
These are some categories that they don't always tell you about.

[Editor's comment: Some states have assistance for young people with chronic disease. Your daughter's school counsellor and diabetes team may be able to help you locate resources. SS]