I am a 33 year old female, married for nine years and have had type 1 diabetes for five years. Before diabetes, I was sexually active with my husband. Now, my sex drive is not what it use to be. Sex is more of a job to me (satisfying my husband's needs) instead of an enjoyment for the both of use. Is there medication available for females with this problem?

I would suggest you see your primary care physician or gynecologist and share those symptoms and feelings. It may be that you have decreased production of estrogen. There are also patients who may receive small doses of testosterone with estrogen replacement. In some studies, the use of testosterone has resulted in increased libido. There are also a variety of other medical issues which may be playing a role. I would not accept the attitude there is nothing else to do unless you have had a comprehensive evaluation.