From Helena, Montana, USA:

My daughter had a fasting blood sugar done that was 65 mg/dl [3.6 mmol/L]. At the same time, she had no sugar in her urine, but still tested positive for ketones. I was told not to worry and no follow up was necessary. I have now found myself questioning everything she does. I need to know how much urination and thirst is excessive. I was so scared by what the clinic told me before that I find myself making mountains out of perhaps molehills. What do you think? Should I request more testing? Would it be very clear if she was showing the signs? Also, her lips are always dry and cracked. Would this mean dehydration?

I appreciate your concerns. However, ketones in the urine are not typically concerning in an otherwise normal person with a normal blood sugar (yes--65 mg/dl [3.6 mmol/L] is normal). In addition, for your general information needs, please review Symptoms of Diabetes. You should talk with to your daughter's pediatrician if you are still concerned that your daughter may have an illness.