From Sigonella, Italy:

My five year old daughter has diabetes, and the Navy is transferring us to Hampton Roads, Virginia from Italy since there is no pediatric ICU here. For my daughter's comfort, we would like assist her in finding other children with diabetes. This should impact her life, positively. Are there are other children with diabetes in the Hampton Roads, Virginia area?

The best way to meet other families in your new community will be to either ask your diabetes team for help, or call the local American Diabetes Association or Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation office after you've relocated.