From Campton, Kentucky, USA:

I just received the news that my two year old son's antibody test was negative.He has several high blood sugar levels(confirmed by lab). Does this mean he will not develop diabetes? Do the antibodies appear after diabetes has developed?

Your physician should be providing you with information regarding the testing he is performing on your son. Antibody levels are most helpful when they are positive. When they are negative, you may not infer that he will never develop diabetes. On extremely rare occasions, a child can have a high blood sugar during an illness without that representing diabetes. I would suggest redirecting many of your questions to your son's physician who is much more familiar with the details of his case.