From Switzerland:

I am 25 years old, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about two years ago, and I am on Humalog before meals with NPH at bedtime. My blood glucose levels before breakfast and before lunch are okay. However, before supper the blood glucose levels often run very high. If I increase my Humalog dose before lunch, I get hypoglycemia in the afternoon. Do you have a good suggestion?

Talk to your physician about adding a dose of NPH in the morning. This insulin will peak 8-10 hours after injection and help control your pre-supper blood sugar without having to increase your lunch Humalog. Humalog is short acting and probably needs to be covered with long-acting NPH, unlike Regular insulin can probably be given without covering with NPH.