From Nova Scotia, Canada:

The amount of liquids my five year old son drinks (average about three glasses an hour) bothers me a great deal. he He complains of headaches a lot and is sometimes quite lethargic. However, if he has any sweets, he tends to bounce of the walls. From my very limited knowledge I wonder if he doesn't have a sugar problem. My doctor refuses to test him because he does not urinate frequently (only once or twice a day even though he drinks so much). Should I find someone else to test my son?

It sounds unlikely that your child has diabetes, or the rarer condition called, diabetes insipidus, in which the child is unable to concentrate urine. He may have a problem with habitual water drinking. However, it would be important to exclude diabetes, and this can be done with a simple urine test for glucose in the urine. If you are worried, go back to your doctor or find someone will do this simple urine check.