From New York, New York, USA:

About three years ago (at the age of 28), I came down with a flu and my ears felt really clogged. Worried about the possibility of ear infection, the doctor gave me ampicillin. After taking two or three doses, I came down with what I now believe to be hyperglycemia (excessive thirst, frequent urination, tingling in fingers and toes). I stopped taking the ampicillin right then, and the condition cleared itself up after about two days. Do you think that the incident is indicative of transient hyperglycemia, anaphylaxis, or could I possibly have diabetes? Also, have you heard of similar incidents and/or reactions?

First of all, you cannot assume that excessive thirst, frequent urination, tingling in fingers and toes always mean high blood sugar. A blood sugar test is absolutely needed to state that hyperglycemia is present. I do not think you have had transient hyperglycemia or diabetes nor anaphylaxis, and I am not aware of similar side effects of ampicillin.