From Shakopee, Minnesota, USA:

I am 28 weeks pregnant with my first child. I just completed the one-hour glucose tolerance test (GTT), my reading was 157 mg/dl [8.2 mmol/L], and my doctor wants me to do the three-hour GTT. Three days before the test, I changed my diet to smaller meals with each meal containing less carbohydrate, a little more protein, and a lot less fruit. In the end, my three hour GTT test result was 80 mg/dl [4.4 mmol/L] fasting, 157 mg/dl [8.7 mmol/L] at one hour, 130 mg/dl [7.2mmol/L] at two hours, and 103 mg/dl [8.7 mmol/L] at three hours. Did the diet that I had before the test change the result of my test? Is the test result accurate?

The change in your diet should not change your test results significantly.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes