From Moorestown, New Jersey, USA:

I am 35 years old and about six months ago, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes following a coma and much testing. At hospital discharge, I was taking 46 units or insulin per day of and now, just a few short months later, I am down to 9 units a day, with directions to possibly stop the evening dose of 2 units.

My doctor tells me that I am in a "honeymoon" phase, and all of my recent blood work has come back in the normal range. My doctors believe this could have been caused by a virus, and may possibly "go away." I can't seem to find any research on this. Could direct me to some information?

There are a number of sources to find diabetes-related information. I would recommend you see the diabetes web page at the American Diabetes Association American Diabetes Association. Other issues include whether you are in a honeymoon phase of type 1 diabetes. Even though you go off insulin, and that is possible, the benefit may be only temporary. Your physicians can order markers of immune-mediated beta cell destruction to see if you are at high risk for type 1 diabetes.