From Bainbridge, Ohio, USA:

Recently, my six year old daughter's behavior has become (at times) uncontrollable, and what I would deem more severely out of the realms of typical "only child syndrome". She is with above average in intelligence, but her grades aren't what I know they can and should be, mostly because of lack of attention on her part. She seems to be far worse following the slightest sugar consumption (especially chocolate). I had gestational diabetes and my father and two grandmothers had diabetes. A friend suggested that blood sugar fluctuation might be causing her problems. Could this be the case? I plan to take her to the pediatrician for testing, but would like your input and advice in the meantime.

I would think that your daughter does not have either hypoglycemia or diabetes. I would suggest that you discuss these behavioral problems directly with her pediatrician or primary care team to see what they might suggest. There are many reasons for such problems, and it is unlikely that this is related to sugar she is eating or chocolate as long as she is otherwise healthy and eating appropriately. Being a good detective for a few weeks may help you and your health care providers figure out what might be going on with her school work. Also, having a conference with her teachers may also give you some ideas.