From Michigan, USA:

Are you aware of problems with the Animas insulin pump or software problems (system failure, alarm failures, waterproof failure, etc)? We have had several failure with ours and are interested to know if this is a limited or common known problem.

I have spoken with Animas, and it is my understanding that there were some problems with the early insulin pumps and software. These problems have now been corrected. If you call the company, they will be happy to change out your pump for one which has been updated.

Additional comments from Dr. Jim Lane:

I would start with questions to the manufacture/company that sells the pump. If nothing is forthcoming, contact the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). They have to review data supplied by manufactures for devices like this in order to determine they are effective. I have no experience with this.

Posted to Insulin Pumps