I am asking this question on behalf of my mother, who has diabetes because of the loss of her pancreas and takes enzymes. What are the effects of daily aspirin intake for someone also taking enzymes?

To my knowledge, I don't know of any. We have patients taking aspirin who have alcoholic pancreatitis, chronic pancreatitis from other causes outside alcohol, and in patients with cystic fibrosis. Aspirin taken once a day should not necessarily interfere with these. It would be good to know if you need to take the aspirin at a time separate from the enzymes.

Additional comments from Dr. Bill Quick:

Aspirin is routinely recommended for most people with diabetes. See Should People with Diabetes take Aspirin?, at the Diabetes Monitor.

Posted to Other Medications