From Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada:

I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia when I was 15, and my boyfriend repeatedly states I am in some chemical imbalance and should be tested so we can fix it. Are there chemical imbalances in hypoglycemia? If so, what are they? Is there some sort of prevention?

Hypoglycemia is actually pretty rare. Many times, folks are mistakenly labeled as hypoglycemic without detailed lab testing to confirm the presence of hypoglycemia. In cases where someone is repeatedly hypoglycemic and does not have diabetes, there can be a chemical problem in the body that needs to be corrected. Please discuss this with your physician. I'm not sure I would count your boyfriend for medical advice regarding possible chemical imbalances.

Posted to Diagnosis and Symptoms and Hypoglycemia