From Pasadena, Texas, USA:

I have had diabetes for 30 years, and I am now on a pump and doing better. However, I have had gastroparesis for 25 years, so my sugars can drop down to the 20s [mg/dl, 1.1 mmol/L] before I feel symptoms, and my kidneys are functioning at about 25%. I have a hard time being employed because of this. Should I apply for disability? Do I have a chance of qualifying? Right now I get social security widow's benefits, but that will end in a few months when my son turns 16. I have an appointment with social security now, but was just looking for some insight.

The Social Security Administration has excellent material on-line about disability payments. Please read their Disability Programs page, and go to the how to apply page. Note the agency's strict definition of disability.