Question:

From, USA:

Can diabetes cause pancreatic cancer? Can pancreatic cancer cause diabetes? My mother lived with diabetes for many years. At the age of 57, she became very ill, and after many test was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Three months after her diagnosis, she died.

Answer:

I am very sorry to hear about your mother. Pancreatic cancer can present as diabetes in older adults. However, at present, there is no cure for pancreatic cancer. I do not think it is generally believed that diabetes causes pancreatic cancer.

Posted to Other Illnesses and Research: Causes and Prevention