Question:

I had a one-hour GTT [glucose tolerance test] at 26 weeks gestation, which was within normal. However, I decided to check my urine at home, and find I am now spilling sugar frequently. Because my specimens at the office are normal, my doctor says I'm fine. I then decided to self-monitor some blood sugars to ease my mind. One hour after a bowl of cereal (Honey Bunches of Oats), my blood sugar was 197 mg/dl [mmol/L], and, after two hours, it was 190 mg/dl [mmol/L]. Do I have diabetes?

Answer:

These results are concerning. You should present this information to your doctor and consider redoing the glucose screen.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes