From Casper, Wyoming, USA:

I am 21, now weigh around 250-260 pounds, have had diabetes for 11 years and am very concerned about the rapid weight gain I have recently experienced. I know this could indicate hypothyroidism, but I also have experienced symptoms of hyperthyroidism. Is it possible to have hyperthyroidism with a very rapid weight gain (30 pounds in the last month)? Could there be another metabolic problem going on.

It is unusual to have hyperthyroidism and gain weight to that extent. It is important to speak to your diabetes team and have this looked at carefully.

Posted to Weight and Weight Loss