From Auburn, New Hampshire, USA:

My 10 year old son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes nine months ago. At the time of the diabetes diagnose, he was also being tested for ADD/ADHD. We disregarded all of the ADD/ADHD results as we thought it was due to the diabetes. Now, we are re-visiting this issue and he is being tested again by the school and a psychologist. Are there any parents out there who have children with type 1 as well as ADD/ADHD? Are they on medications?

I have several children with diabetes and ADD, and I treat them the same way one would treat any child with ADD. I don't see the medications for ADD having any influence on the diabetes.Read previous questions about Attention Deficit with Hyperactivity Disorder and diabetes.

Posted to ADHD