Question:

I am 14 years old, and I have diabetes and a nickel allergy which is causing discomfort. Are there any special precautions I should take for the medicine and things like that?

Answer:

I am unaware of any special precautions you need to take because of your diabetes.

JS

[Editor's comment: If you haven'I already seen a dermatologist and/or allergist to help you with this problem, I suggest that you have your parents ask for a referral. You might see some higher blood sugars because of the discomfort, so it is important to watch them carefully and make adjustments in your insulin as needed. SS]

Posted to Aches and Pains