From Bronx, New York, USA:

My 20 year friend has diabetes. Can a person with diabetes take fat burners?

I do not know what kind of diabetes your friend has. Is the aim of the weight loss cosmetic or is it for health reasons? Studies have been done in patients with both type 1 and type 2 diabetes to determine their response to medications for weight loss. The problem is that a number of the medications known as "fat burners" are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration and their efficacy should be considered highly questionable. My suggestion to your friend is to consult a health care professional knowledgeable in the area of nutrition for further information.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations