From the Internet:

I may have injected a morning mixture of NPH and Humalog into a vein by mistake, and subsequently, my pre-dinner glucose level was 25.6 mmol/L [1.4 mg/dl]. Ouch! My wife believes that the NPH never got a chance to work because once it entered the bloodstream it was degraded rather than utilized. Could you please direct me to some useful information regarding synthetic insulin metabolism?

It's pretty hard to inject insulin into a vein by mistake. A little bleeding at a normal injection site is usually from a superficial capillary and does not indicate that you injected it into a vein.

Neither Humalog nor NPH are approved for intravenous injection. I have heard unofficially that once injected intravenously, Humalog has a similar time action compared to Regular (It is almost gone in 10 minutes). I am not aware of any studies done with IV injection of NPH.

DTQ-ONCEMRM 20010304120
Posted to Insulin and Blood Tests and Insulin Injections