Question:

From Granite Falls, North Carolina, USA:

I am having problems with my sugar crashing after and sometimes during sex. Is this normal and what can I do to prevent it? I have been eating before, but sometimes I still have to stop during sex to get something sweet. It is very frustrating, and I can use any advice given.

Answer:

As for any low blood sugar reaction, the only rationale would be either to eat more or to decrease the fast insulin dosage you inject before the closest meal that occurs before sex. Even though I understand it's not usual to plan such activity, I'd rather suggest to my patients to eat more.

Posted to Daily Care and Hypoglycemia