From Ohio, USA:

My 14 year old daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when she was 10. For the past few years, we suggested that she should attend one of the summer diabetes camps in our area, but she wants nothing to do with it. She is not one for the outdoors, but my husband and I think it would be so good for her to meet other kids her age who have diabetes. I feel that she needs that bond with someone she can relate to. I try to talk to her as much as I can when she feels down, but to be honest, I can't relate to everything she says because I have never been in her shoes. I don't know if just making her go would do more harm than good, or if I shouldn't push her. Maybe camp isn't for everyone, but from other people I've talked to, it's always the same answer, "She should go, she would love it!"

Like you, I have never heard of a child who did not enjoy diabetes camp. However, forcing your daughter to go might not be a good plan. Is there any way to connect her with others her age who have attended camp? Hearing about it from a peer might carry more weight at her age. Try calling around to local chapters of the American Diabetes Association and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation or contact endocrinologists in your area who might be willing to link her up with other teens who are pro-camp!