I am 55 years old, and I have type 2 diabetes, finally stabilized with diet and metformin. My doctor has prescribed hormone replacement therapy. I always read the warnings that come with the prescriptions and one of them is that they affect diabetes. What kind of effect does hormone replacement therapy have on diabetes?

Estrogen and progesterone replacement may affect your diabetes, possibly increasing your blood sugar. However, this may be mild and should be manageable with your current medication. Estrogen replacement is good for you, as is controlling your blood sugar. Both can be done.

Posted to Other Medications