From Bartlett, Tennessee, USA:

My 16 year old son has hypoglycemia, and sometimes we have a problem controlling his blood sugar. He has days where it stays low no matter what we do, and then, other days, it is high. It's like it flip flops back and forth so much we don't know what to do. He has seen a dietitian and watches what he eats, but like I said it fluctuates quite a lot. Could there be something else going on that we need checked out? Does this mean that he has the early stages of diabetes?

It is worth having him checked out as it is unusual in a 16 year old.