I am 35 years old and 12 weeks pregnant. I have been sent to a high risk specialist because my blood sugar was high. I have had five other pregnancies resulting in two live births, one stillborn, one preemie, and two miscarriages. Each time I was told I had gestational diabetes. What should I expect from the high-risk doctors?

There will be close evaluation of the fetus with ultrasound over the course of the pregnancy.

Also, it is possible that you have preexisting diabetes. There is some additional testing that needs to be done to confirm this. If the diagnosis is made, then insulin may be required.

Posted to Gestational Diabetes