From Turlock, California, USA:

My six year old has trouble maintaining his weight. He is very active. If he goes without eating for two hours he becomes irritable, has headaches, stomachaches, the shakes, and sometimes naps. He drinks constantly, but does not desire sweets. He prefers meat over anything else. Does my son have signs of diabetes?

The symptoms you describe are not typical for diabetes. The typical signs of diabetes in children include frequent thirst and urination, excessive hunger and weight loss. If you have concerns about your son's symptoms, I would recommend discussing them with his pediatrician.