From Church Hill, Tennessee, USA:

My eight year old daughter was diagnosed five months ago, and she is never hungry. How can I get her to eat when she has to and to eat more food?

I see no need to have her eat more food when she's not hungry if her growth is normal. Furthermore, daily meals can always be tailored to her appetite. Current insulin therapies are aimed to match individual eating habits providing normal growth, normal weight and, last but not least, a good quality of life.

[Editor's comment: This is not uncommon at this stage after diagnosis. I suggest that you and your daughter meet with a dietitian to evaluate her current meal plan. SS]