From Plantation, Florida, USA:

My husband was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at the age of 34, and my two and one-half year old daughter wants to drink all day long, and therefore urinates frequently. Since birth, she's been off the charts in height and weight since. She doesn't have any other signs like weight loss. She's busy all the time playing, etc., and never shows signs of being lethargic. After dinner, one evening her blood sugar was 130 mg/dl [7.2 mmol/L]. Should I be concerned?

I would recommend checking urine sugars occasionally if you are concerned. Your pediatrician can help to show you how to do that in a two year old. The typical symptoms for type 1 diabetes in children include frequent urination, excessive hunger and thirst, and weight loss. Make sure you review your concerns about her height and weight, frequent urination and thirst with your pediatrician.