From Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA:

I am an extremely healthy, 33 year old who has had type 1 diabetes for eight years, and am very actively involved in athletics and outdoor activities. I have great control of my diabetes, and I am interested in participating in Survivor (the TV show). I understand that it would be extremely difficult, but I feel that I could do it. Do you see this as a possibility for me?

I do not know the full extent of the conditions you would face with regard to the environment. The most immediate consideration would be the care of your insulin. You would not want to jeopardize your health for the sake of this endeavor when there are so many other things to do, if it is not safe. For instance, would you be allowed to safely store your insulin? Would you be allowed access to your monitoring material. Would you be put in the situation of performing activities when you were less than in good health because your blood sugar control was allowed to worsen. Finally, what happens if you get hypoglycemic? Who treats you? Some things to think about.

[Editor's comment: Based on what I've seen and read about Survivor, the producers would be able to accommodate your needs. Go for it!! SS]