From Georgetown, Delaware, USA:

I am a mother of a 16 year old Down's syndrome child who has had type 1 diabetes for four years and does not talk. I am a very tired mom who cannot find any support. I am patiently waiting for the GlucoWatch so that I will have some help in knowing his blood sugar at all times. Any advice and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recently approved the GlucoWatch Biographer as a prescription device for adults aged 18 and older with diabetes [March, 2001]. It apparently will not be for sale in the USA for about a year, however.

The following websites may be able to offer you some help and support:

Additional comments from Dr. David Schwartz:

Perhaps your son's doctor would be willing to put him on The Continuous Glucose Monitoring System for a few days to try to gather more blood glucose data.

Posted to Blood Tests and Insulin Injections and Community Resources