From Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA:

Ten years ago, when I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, I was told that I should only eat cold cereal with less than 7 grams of sugar per serving. As an addict to cereal, I would like to know if that is true. Is there still a limit on the amount of sugar per serving?

Any food can fit into your diabetes meal plan, even sugared cereals, although you may not be able to get as much of the sugared cereal as the unsweetened cereals. The name of the game is still total carbohydrate as opposed to grams of sugar. Unsweetened cereals are still probably better since they still have better sources of vitamins and minerals.