Question:

From Wilmington, Delaware, USA:

I am 17 and I think I might be pregnant! is it possible for me to live through a pregnancy? Do I have to get an abortion?

Answer:

Before you panic further, either see your doctor or confirm your pregnancy with a home testing kit. If you are pregnant, then yes you can live through it, if that is what you want to do. However, consider your situation very carefully about whether or not you want to assume this responsibility. Even though I know it is difficult, I would strongly recommend that you speak with your parents (or at least your mother).

Posted to Family Planning