From Kearny, New Jersey, USA:

My three and a half year old son has type 1 diabetes diagnosed about nine months ago, and is doing okay overall with hemoglobin A1cs of 7.9% and 7.6%. A year ago he started having knee pain which was said to be growing pains, but then, a couple weeks before his diagnosis, the pain was more chronic. He has had a bone scan, an MRI, and extensive blood work all of which have been negative. The pain is extreme, he cries and he awakes during the night mostly, but has had episodes during the day. He also wets still at night through his diapers and is changed at least twice. I've gotten nowhere, except growing pains because nothing else is showing up on tests, and now recently he has started complaining about his feet. His pediatric endocrinologist sees no relation to diabetes. Any thoughts?

Ask about calcium balance. If he has blood in the urine, check a 12-hour urine calcium. Other than that, this seems to have been a very extensive evaluation.