Question:

From Tehran, Iran:

I am a 25 year old male with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), I am depressed all the time and sometimes stressed. My doctor prescribed [a pill for depression and anxiety, brand name deleted]. I used half a pill in the morning and half at night, but after some days I stopped it, and I now take half a pill two or three times a week. Recently, I have noticed symptoms like thirst, blurred vision, and pain in my foot. Are these side effects of my medication? I am greatly afraid of diabetes. Should I continue using my medication? Can it lead to diabetes?

Answer:

The medication you took cannot cause diabetes. However, you sound worried about the symptoms you've been having and should see a doctor to have your blood sugar tested. IBS can be quite stressful and I can understand why you might be depressed. My hope is that there is a psychologist around that you can speak with about your chronic disease and its effects on you.

CMB

Posted to Other Medications