I am 33 years old, and, for the last couple of months, I have been having problems with my appetite. I feel as if I am starving and mostly crave nothing but sweets -- I could eat them night and day. If I skip eating for more than four to six hours, I get a really dizzy, shaky, and weak feeling which gets better in about 45 minutes after eating. I am already overweight, and I am seriously gaining weight, which is not helping. Does it sound as if I have diabetes?

You have listed many symptoms that could be blood sugar related, both high and low blood sugar, but you won't know for sure unless you consult with your physician. You might also benefit from testing your blood sugar at home when you are having those symptoms.

Additionally, if you have family members with diabetes this puts you at risk, and it is recommended that you have a blood sugar test at least once a year. I hope you will make that appointment soon and discuss this problem with your physician.