Question:

From Grinnell, Iowa, USA, but now in Paris, France:

I am a 45 year male with type 1 for 33 years, and I am living in Paris for several months. I'd like to get a hemoglobin A1c test and also a lipid profile, to make sure that my eating habits here are not creating problems that my daily glucose monitoring might miss. Is there an easy way to get this sort of blood work without a regular doctor (which I don't have in France)?

Answer:

There are several companies that make meters or kits for home testing of HbA1c and one company (Polymer) that does some of the lipid testing. Check out: Hemoglobin A1c Meters and Kits, a topic at Blood Glucose Meters.

DM