From Canada:

I was 21 years old when I was diagnosed with type1 diabetes, and there is no history of diabetes in my family. I recently read that cow's milk may be related to diabetes, and I am concerned because I drink a lot of milk. (I now drink one glass a day, I used to drink up to four or five glasses a day all the way until a few months ago when I was diagnosed.) Should I stop drinking cow's milk and just take calcium supplements instead?

There have been clinical trials conducted to determine whether exposure to cow's milk early in life (first year of life) sensitizes people to increased risk of type 1 diabetes. Although this was of interest, several clinical trials have failed to show a strong association. I would certainly not recommend avoiding milk at this point in your life. It is nutritious and high in protein and calcium.