From New York, USA:

My nine year daughter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes about two months ago, and I have heard that giving one ounce a day of a natural product called "noni juice (morinda)" can eventually eliminate need for daily insulin injections. This sounds both unbelievable and dangerous. Is there any information on this product and its use in diabetes control?

More snake oil. See the section on Noni fruit juice. See also Attorneys General Put Curb Claims for "Tahitian Noni".

Additional comments from Dr. Stuart Brink:

There's no information of which I am aware. Most such claims are nonsense. Who knows what is in them and whether or not any of these preparations are standardized? I would get a lot more information before recommending and specifically look for well-organized clinical trials with randomized and blinded design before believing individual assertions of effect. Caveat emptor!

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations