Question:

From Medina, Ohio, USA:

I am experiencing symptoms that are different than what has been posted. On rare occasions (every month or two), I'll wake up and soon realize that I am about to pass out. I feel nauseous, and I'm trembling and weak. I can barely get downstairs to get any kind of sugar. My vision is blurry and clouded, and I am so weak that I can barely get up at all. Within five or ten minutes of getting sugar, my vision clears and I feel better. This generally happens when I have sugar a little while before going to bed (or even several hours, if it's the last thing I eat). However, since it happens so infrequently, I'm not sure if it can be hypoglycemia. What's your best guess on this one?

Answer:

I believe you will best be served by reviewing your symptoms with your physician. I doubt that this represents a problem with blood sugars, but it could represent an illness that requires treatment. Please make certain to review this with your physician soon.

Posted to Hypoglycemia and Diagnosis and Symptoms