From McCleary, Washington, USA:

I recently got put on NPH and Regular insulin twice a day, and have noticed that I get a severe headache about an hour after taking it. Can you become sick if you take more insulin if you are producing insulin on your own?

Anyone can become low [have hypoglycemia], and thus become sick, by taking too much insulin. You would expect to quit making your own insulin if enough were injected. So, sick here means low -- and that would be the only reaction other than the very rare allergic reaction to human insulin.