From Savannah,Georgia, USA:

I am a 27 year old female with type 1 diabetes for six years, and for the past six months, my fasting blood sugars have been hovering around 200+ mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L]. Neither NPH nor Ultralente insulin has been able to control the fasting blood sugars. I have a 19 month old daughter, and it has been almost ten months since I stopped nursing. Can the recent hormonal changes that my body has seen in the last year and a half contribute to my higher numbers?

The hormonal changes due to cessation of nursing almost ten months ago do not contribute much to the picture you describe.

Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA