Question:

From Savannah,Georgia, USA:

I am a 27 year old female with type 1 diabetes for six years, and for the past six months, my fasting blood sugars have been hovering around 200+ mg/dl [11.1 mmol/L]. Neither NPH nor Ultralente insulin has been able to control the fasting blood sugars. I have a 19 month old daughter, and it has been almost ten months since I stopped nursing. Can the recent hormonal changes that my body has seen in the last year and a half contribute to my higher numbers?

Answer:

The hormonal changes due to cessation of nursing almost ten months ago do not contribute much to the picture you describe.

DTQ-20010411155848A
Posted to Hyperglycemia and DKA