From New Delhi, India:

I am 44 years old and have had typeá2 diabetes for 10 years. Please advise me if chelation therapy can be useful in this condition.

I'm not aware of any relationship, positive or negative, between chelation therapy and typeá2 diabetes.

[Editor's comment: Chelation therapy is standard medical care in some unusual situations of poisonings. There are some proponents of using chelation therapy for unproven reasons, who claim it will help unclog blood vessels with atherosclerosis, which is common in many adults (with or without diabetes). From my previous reviews of the subject, this use of chelation is quackery. WWQ]

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations