From Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, USA:

My nine year old son has cystic fibrosis-related diabetes mellitus diagnosed last year, and his elementary school requires that students wash lunch room tables two weeks per year. The wash rags are placed in a bowl of water and dishwashing liquid during the entire lunch period for the school. The rags remain wet during this entire time and are washed at the end of the day. Is it reasonable for me to request that he not wash the tables because of multiple fingerstick sites on his fingers and the questionable sanitary status of this water along with his cystic fibrosis which is complicated with diabetes? Am I just hovering too much?

In your words, I think you may be "hovering too much". There should be no problem with him washing tables with rags soaking in soapy water for a day.