From Phoenix, Arizona, USA:

When I have a low blood sugar, I take glucose tablets. One day, I let my friend try one, and he loved it, so he told all his friends about it. Since then, every now and then people ask me for one, and I do give them one sometimes. That's when I started to worry about whether or not glucose affected people who don't have diabetes. Does glucose harm people who don't have diabetes?

Glucose is the body's natural fuel, and does not cause any harm to the body in normal concentrations in the blood. Eating it does not cause any harm to people who don't have diabetes.

[Editor's comment: Just be careful because there have been incidents in which kids have been suspended from school for giving their friends glucose tablets. Another point is, if you're giving the glucose tablets away, you may run out and not have enough for yourself if you need them. SS]