From Chicago, Illinois, USA:

There is a product called DK50 being sold on-line as a treatment for type 2 diabetes. This supplement is supposed to be able to reduce blood sugar quite dramatically, and I am interested in knowing know more about it. Do you have any information?

DK50 is an alternative medicine potpourri of vitamins and other micronutrients. I could find no report of a formal clinical trial in type 2 diabetes. However, provided your doctor is informed, I see no harm in trying it provided you make no changes in your conventional treatment without checking with your diabetes team. I am skeptical of the endorsements, but accept that there could be a significant placebo effect.

Additional comments from Dr. Stuart Brink:

Caveat emptor - watch your money.

Posted to Alternative Therapies and Explanations