From Corona, California, USA:

My four year old daughter has had type 1 diabetes for about a year, and I am breast-feeding my seven month old son. I have read a lot about a possible connection between cows' milk and diabetes. Would you recommend that siblings of children with diabetes be put on soy milk rather than cows' milk?

The data are not in yet, but I know of no data to suggest soy milk might have any increase in risk for diabetes. I would use soy instead of cow's milk. I know of no reason not to, but I do worry the data may show a link for cow's milk. The best choice is the one you took, to nurse your baby.