From Caldwell, New Jersey, USA:

My nine year old son has lost three pounds in the last two months and is skinny as a rail to begin with. His grandfather was Asian and had diabetes. He had a routine blood sugar of 133 mg/dl [7.4 mmol/L], four hours after only eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich so l took him for another blood test. His fasting level was 101 mg/dl [mmol/L] and a two-hour postprandial (peanut butter and jelly sandwich plus a glass of milk) was 113 mg/dl [6.3 mmol/L]. I'm concerned that he did not have enough carbohydrates on the two-hour blood test to get an accurate reading. Should we ask for an oral glucose tolerance test?

The blood tests do not suggest he has diabetes. However, if you are concerned about his weight loss, he needs to be seen by a paediatrician to try and find out why.